Shopping on Yuppiechef is safe and secure
View on mobile
Scan the QR code to open this page on your mobile phone.
- Item Condition: New
- 30 Day Exchanges
- Returns & Repairs Policy
- How long will it take to arrive?
- What precautions are you taking for COVID-19?
- Can I send it as a gift?
Notify me when this item is available
The second generation Fire TV Cube is the fastest, most powerful Fire TV ever, delivering a fast, fluid experience for your favourite movies and TV shows. With Alexa and its built-in speaker, the Fire TV Cube lets you control compatible smart home devices, check the weather, and more, even with the TV off. Call friends or send an announcement to others in your home. Ask Alexa to view live camera feeds or play music through your multi-room music group.
- From across the room, just ask Alexa to turn on the TV, dim the lights, and play what you want to watch
- Control your compatible soundbar and A/V receiver, and change live cable or satellite channels with your voice
- The Fire TV Cube lets you put down the remote and dive straight into your favourite movies and TV shows with just your voice commands
- From across the room, you can ask Alexa to play your movie or show of choice, and Alexa will respond to your request
- Switch inputs and go from watching your favourite TV show to the big game
- You can also ask Alexa to check the weather, set timers and reminders, and more, even when the TV is off
- The Fire TV Cube has eight microphones that can hear you from nearly any direction, making it easy to ask Alexa to adjust the volume or mute your compatible TV or soundbar, or to change the channel on your compatible cable or satellite box
- The included Alexa Voice Remote also lets you control your TV with or without your voice
- Alexa lets you control a range of devices via the cloud, IR, and HDMI-CEC
What's in the box?
- Fire TV Cube (2nd Gen)
- Alexa Voice Remote (2nd Gen)
- Power adaptor
- Quick start guide
- Marketing guide
- 2 AAA batteries
- Infrared (IR) extender cable
- Amazon ethernet adapter (10/100)
Simple to set up & use:
- Place Fire TV Cube at least 1 to 2 feet away from speakers
- Connect Fire TV Cube to your TV’s HDMI port and home internet
- Follow the onscreen prompts to set up your entertainment system
Will Alexa work with everything in my house?
No. Amazon Echo and Alexa-enabled products will only work with specific compatible devices. So, you'll need to install (or identify whether you already have) compatible lights, door locks, cameras, coffee machines and more.
As Smart Home technology is still a developing industry in our country, the Alexa mobile app is not currently available for download in South African app stores. There is a way around this, though, that will allow you to set up your Amazon device on either IOS or Android. Simply follow this step-by-step guide to get started.
Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation)
- Dimensions: 8.61cm x 8.61cm x 7.9cm
- Weight: 465g
- Processor: Hexa-core (Quad-core at up to 2.2GHz + Dual-core at up to 1.9GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali G52-MP2 (3EE), 800MHz
- Storage: 16 GB internal
- Memory: 2 GB
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard Wi-Fi. Supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi networks
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 + LE. Pair with compatible Bluetooth speakers, headphones, video game controllers, and more
- Voice support: Far-field and near-field voice support
- Voice control compatibility: Fire TV Cube can control a wide range of IR-enabled devices, including TVs, soundbars, cable and satellite boxes, and A/V receivers
- Ports: HDMI, power, micro-USB, wired infrared support
- Included audio: Built-in 1.6'' (40mm) speaker to interact with Alexa – even when the TV is off. Fire TV Cube uses your entertainment system speakers for entertainment experiences and will turn on your TV, soundbar, or A/V receiver to play these
- Audio support: Dolby Atmos, 7.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass through up to 5.1
- Content formats supported:
- Video: Dolby Vision, HDR 10, HDR10+, HLG, H.265, H.264, VP9
- Audio: AAC-LC, AC3, eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, Dolby Atmos (EC3_JOC),
- Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Output resolution supported: 2160p, 1080p and 720p up to 60 fps
- System requirements: High-definition television with available high-speed HDMI input, high-speed internet connection via Wi-Fi or inbox Ethernet accessory, power outlet, (compatible TV/sound/cable equipment for control by infrared or voice). High-speed HDMI cable and 4K TV with high-speed HDMI connector required for 4K viewing and more reliable device control
- TV compatibility: TV must support minimum HDCP requirements for protected content playback. Compatible with:
- 4K ultra high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 2160p at 24/25/30/50/60 Hz and HDCP 2.2
- Or high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 50/60 Hz
Alexa Voice remote (2nd Generation)
- Dimensions: 3.8cm x 14.2cm x 1.6cm
- Weight: 43.4g (without batteries)
- Batteries: 2 AAA (included)
- Technology: Bluetooth and infrared
- Compatibility: Fire TV Cube (2nd Gen), Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube (1st Gen), Fire TV (3rd Gen Pendant Design), Fire TV Stick (2nd Gen)
- Keep dust free, do not submerge in water
- This product comes with a 6 month warranty