Top tools on Yuppiechef wish lists
Louise Bailey Tait is part of the Yuppiechef team and champions gift registries and various projects that need managing. She is rather an adventurous character and recently broke her arm kite surfing. She can always be relied on to rally the troops for lunch or late afternoon tea, loves and looks after our pet praying mantis and her favourite things to bake are mini malva puddings.
These are the top tools on Louise’s Yuppiechef wish list.
1. Scanpan Impact cookware and steamer set - We’ve just bought a new house and whilst we have the majority of kitchen accoutrement thanks to our Yuppiechef wedding registry, we don’t have any pots. I really want to start off our collection with a coordinated set. I spent ages debating the merits of the different collections and eventually decided on the Scanpan range as they’re well priced and excellent quality. I love the glass lids too.
2. Wusthof slicer and spreader - Our Wusthof knives are the pride of our kitchen. At home we have a chef’s knife, cook’s knife, bread knife, paring knife and vegetable knife. The slicer and spreader has recently come onto the market and I want to add it to our collection. We have one in our test kitchen at work and I am a huge fan. It’s perfect for sandwiches.
3. Tart dish - One of the favorite Spatula desserts amongst staff when entertaining (aside from the Tiramisu ice cream cake) is the chocolate ganache tart. I always have to borrow Marina’s tart pan when I make it and want to get one of my own.
4. KitchenAid Artisan Mixer (no explanation required).
5. Pasta maker - I love fresh pasta and it’s actually much easier to make then you would think. Plus you can make extra to freeze.
6. Burr grinder - The coffee aficionados at work have opened my eyes to the awesomeness of amazing, freshly-ground coffee. I’m too embarrassed to tell them but at home I use ready-ground coffee in my mocha pot. Now that I’ve tasted that there really is a noticeable difference between freshly-ground and pre-ground coffee, I need to get myself a grinder. The Burr grinder is compact and cute and doesn’t break the bank.
If you’re new to the world of wish lists, this is what they look like on the inside.
Ready? Login and start your Yuppiechef wish list and maybe we’ll feature your top tools one of these days.