Three cheese and tomato quiche
For the crust:
200g grated cheddar cheese
200g soft butter
For the filling:
800g baby tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp of sugar
Pinch of salt & pepper
1 punnet of fresh basil leaves
1 Brie cheese of choice
100ml of roasted pine nuts
Parmesan for topping
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. In the mean time, get cracking on making your crust. Put all the ingredients into a food processor and mix until it all comes together in a ball. Wrap this up and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Put the tomatoes, garlic cloves, thyme, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a baking tray and roast them in the oven until the tomatoes start to burst and are nicely roasted, then set them aside to cool.
4. Line your quiche tin with your pastry dough while the tomatoes are cooling.
5. Put the lined tin in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking.
6. To make the filling, mix the roasted tomatoes with fresh basil, pine nuts and chunks of Brie cheese.
7. Beat the eggs with a hand blender and mix in the cream.
8. Spoon the tomato and Brie filling into the lined quiche tin and pour the egg and cream mixture over that.
9. Now bake in the oven for an hour until the egg has set and the quiche filling has browned on the top.
Sprinkle the top of the quiche generously with Parmesan and you’re good to go. We served our country quiche with a rocket, pine nuts and Parmesan shavings salad.
Makes you feel like you’ve wondered into a neighbour’s kitchen, no? Enjoy this one folks.
Thanks to our Food Buyer, Rina Van Velden, for the recipe and styling