Quick curried rice with raisins
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp curry powder
1 cup long-grain white rice
2 cups water
½ cup raisins
Pinch of salt
1. Heat oil in a heavy based pot over medium – high heat.
2. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until tender.
3. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add the rice, water and salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the pot from the heat, add the raisins, put the lid on the pot and place in the Wonderbag for 20 minutes.
Drain if need be and season with additional salt to taste. Then serve as an accompaniment to your mains.
Simple, efficient and environmentally friendly. You can call us fans.
Head this way to learn more about how the Wonderbag works?