Minichefs: homemade rolls
These little buns are a hit with homemade burgers and salsa but equally good with a chunk of melting butter.
Ingredients (makes 12 small rolls):
1 packet of yeast
500g bread flour plus a little to dust your surface
2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
350ml of warm water
1. Mix yeast, flour and salt together.
2. In a separate bowl, combine oil, sugar and warm water.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry… and start working together to form a dough.
4. Put in some elbow grease (tired arms may mean Minichefs need to take it in turns) and knead for at least ten minutes.
5. Leave your dough to rise under a damp cloth for about an hour to an hour and a half, until it has doubled in size.
6. Divide your dough and create small rolls. Place on a baking tray and cover with a damp cloth. Leave for about half an hour.
7. Bake at 200°C until your rolls are the perfect colour.
These golden beauties kick shop-bought rolls right out of the park. Why not try making them with your Minichefs?
A big thanks to the se7en +1 family for showing us how it’s done.