Minichefs: homemade granola
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp brown sugar
4 Tbsp golden syrup
150g (1½ cups) jumbo rolled oats
3 Tbsp flaked almonds
2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
125g ready to eat dried fruits, chopped into small pieces
250ml (1 cup) Greek yoghurt
Honey to drizzle
1. Melt together the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan. A grown-up should help with this bit.
2. Mix together the oats, nuts and seeds in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour in the melted butter, sugar and syrup mixture.
4. Stir the ingredients together until well mixed and then spread onto a large non stick baking tray.
5. Place into the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway to give an even colour.
6. Once the granola is golden brown, remove the tray from the oven.
7. Allow to cool before breaking the mixture into small clumps.
8. Put some of the crunchy granola mix into your cereal bowl and add a handful of the chopped dried fruit.
9. Top with 3-4 tablespoons of yoghurt and drizzle with honey.
The Le Creuset Junior Breakfast Essentials Set contains:
1 x Stoneware 0.51 Cereal Bowl
1 x Stoneware 18cm Plate
1 x 200ml mug
1 x egg cup
With thanks to Karen Grandcourt for images.