Eat for the Earth: cinnamon baked apples
Whether you are planning an Eat for the Earth lunch or dinner for 2 or 200 people, baked apples are a good option for pud. They’re easy to scale-up, relatively cheap to buy and heart-warming on an autumnal day. Just watch out for the odd apple explosion.
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 tsp raisins
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp butter
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
2. Core the apples and place onto a roasting tray. You can core your apples using a sharp knife or a heavy-duty corer.
3. Mix the raisin, honey, sugar, lemon zest and cinnamon together.
4. Pack your mixture into the apples and top with butter.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
Serve warm with vanilla bean custard or ice cream. Download print-friendly recipe and check out some more Eat for the Earth recipes.