Easter Cake Off: Bake a cake and win big
How to enter our 2015 Easter Cake Off
1. Bake one of our four favourite cakes:
- Layered peanut butter and caramel cake
- Spiced almond hot cross bun cake
- A spectacular Easter cake
- Mum’s recipe for carrot cake
2. Snap a pic and share it with us through any of the following channels:
- Facebook: You can share it on our Facebook wall
- Twitter, Instagram, Google+: Share it using the hashtag #EasterCakeOff on Twitter, Instagram or Google+ (remember, if your account is private, we won’t be able to see your entry on the hashtag).
- Email: Send your entry pic to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Competition closes midnight Tuesday 7th April 2015.
4. You can enter as many times as you like (but all entries must be recognisable as one of the above four cakes).
5. Only entries of the above cakes will be regarded as valid to this competition.
How the winner is chosen
1. Once you’ve entered and the competition has closed, we’ll pick our top 10 favourites from all the entries – (the top 10 will be chosen based on their appearance and accuracy to one of the four recipe options).
2. Then we’ll open it up to you, our community, to vote for your favourite Easter cake.
What’s up for grabs?
1. The top 10 finalists will each win a Yuppiechef voucher.
2. The overall community chosen winner will win a gorgeous hamper of baking products from Le Creuset valued at over R2000:
- Stoneware Footed Cake Stand
- Stoneware Batter Bowl
- Large Venus Spatula
- Non-stick 24cm Springform Cake Tin
- Non-stick rectangular Baking Sheet
- Le Creuset Patisserie Cookbook
Guess what? The winner can also choose their preferred colours of the Le Creuset hamper goodies. We’re so excited for you we can barely contain ourselves.
So, soften the butter and preheat the oven. It’s baking time.