Couscous salad in the Lékué steam case
Ingredients (serves 2-4):
for the couscous
1 small yellow pepper, seeded & diced
1 cup butternut, peeled & diced
1 cup Moroccan flavoured couscous
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ cup cooked chickpeas
½ cup pomegranate seeded
½ cup parsley, chopped
½ onion, sliced
2 Tbsp mixed seeds, toasted (optional)
for the dressing
2 Tbsp lemon juice
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp Moroccan or Spanish NoMU rub
Good pinch salt
Fresh mint, to garnish
1. Place 1 cup of water in the base of the Lékué steam case. Insert the tray into the steam case and place the diced peppers and butternut on top.
2. Close to seal and place in the microwave on high for 6 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
4. Take the steamer out of the microwave and remove the tray with vegetables. Add in the cup of couscous to the water and microwave for a further 1 minute.
5. When done, tip your couscous into a large serving bowl and loosen up a bit with a fork. Mix in all the remaining ingredients and lace with dressing and some mint to serve.
For some alternate flavour, or a more filling meal add some goats cheese, feta, grilled chicken breast or even avocado. And to quickly turn this into an easy to eat office lunch, make it into a wrap.
Lékué really know how to make cooking a speedy and fun affair. Head this way for the Lékué Steam Case.
With thanks to Jenna May Viney for the recipe and styling.