How to make a classic mojito
Ingredients (for 1 drink):
8-10 leaves mint
1 tsp castor sugar
50ml light rum
Soda water – we used the Sodastream
1. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into your glass.
2. To this, add the fresh mint. Clap it with cupped hands to release the minty flavour. Add a heaped teaspoon of castor sugar.
3. Fill the glass with crushed ice and pour in 50ml of light rum.
4. Gently mix the ingredients with a spoon or muddler to release the flavour of the mint.
5. Get your soda water ready with your Sodastream. Insert a Sodastream bottle, filled with cold water, into your Sodastream. Pump the Sodastream until the desired carbonation is reached and release.
6. Top up your glass with soda water and garnish with a slice of lime .
For more pleasing party thirst quenchers, try these cocktail recipes.