A baked camembert to tuck into
1 round camembert cheese
1 garlic clove
Salt & pepper
100ml of sweet or fortified wine (we used Fairview La Beryl Blanc Straw Wine, but you can also use any port or sherry you prefer)
Baguette, or any fresh bread loaf
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the camembert in a tight fitting ovenproof bowl. We used these mini Revol Basalt bowls that are oven and microwave safe and pretty to serve in.
3. Cut the garlic into four pieces and wedge each one into a quarter of the cheese.
4. Scatter the thyme, salt and pepper and on top and drizzle the wine over.
5. Bake in the oven until the cheese has softened and is crisping on top, about 15 minutes.
If you want to up the ante of this gourmet snack, slice your baguette or fresh bread of choice into thin slices and toast in the oven for a few minutes until golden brown.
Alternatively, serve with an assortment of biscuits and preserves. We enjoyed this baked camembert pot of goodness with a glass of sweet Fairview La Beryl Blanc Straw Wine. What’s your favourite gourmet party snack or guilty pleasure?
Thanks to our Food Buyer, Rina Van Velden, for the recipe and styling