We ship things in cardboard boxes and their journeys and final destinations matter to us. We have it firsthand that boxes love recycling depots but if you're feeling creative you could give your box a new lease on life by turning him into a bed for your pet or a cardboard banjo. Sound good? We hope you find something here that kindles the cardboard magic in you, folks.
Places to recycle cardboardDurban Cape Town Johannesburg Pretoria Port Elizabeth Bloemfontein National
Interesting things about cardboard
- How a cardboard box is made
- Cardboard is made from 3 separate layers of kraft paper
- Recycled cardboard is just as strong as new cardboard
- How cardboard boxes are recycled
- Cardboard can be recycled by removing all other materials in the box such as plastic wrap, polystyrene peanuts and other packing materials
- How paper recycling works (infographic)
- Cardboard is safe to dispose of as it has no toxic constituents and is biodegradable
- The cost of cardboard is usually only 1% of the value of goods inside small cardboard boxes
- Recycled cardboard uses just 75 percent of the energy needed to produce new cardboard as it has lower emissions of sulfur dioxide during production.