Jobs at Yuppiechef
We're hiring. Perhaps were looking for you? Click on the job titles below to view positions currently open. No prizes for knowing that we're looking for particularly special people - brilliant at what they do, always happy to pitch in and help, have a laugh and work hard (while not taking themselves too seriously).
If you (or someone you know) fit the bill we'd love to hear from you via the form below. If nothing sounds quite right, sign up to our Jobs Alert Mailer and follow us on LinkedIn to find out first about new openings.
P.S. If you recommend a friend who later joins our team, you'll get a little finders keepers treat from us so keep an ear to the ground and stay sassy.
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated mid-level IT technician to become part of our agile IT operations team. We employ a broad range of technologies with a leaning towards Linux and open source. You will need to be open-minded, quick thinking and comfortable in a high pressure environment. Sound like you can handle us? Read on.
- Manage incoming support requests via help desk, telephone, chat and face-to-face
- Experienced in issue resolution (root cause analysis) and online research
- The ability to communicate the solution in an appropriate manner to non-technical people
- Comfortable with shift work and being on-call. You will be paid overtime for on-call and after-hours work.
Technologies you should be skilled in:
- Desktop – OSx, Linux, Windows
- Servers – OSx, Linux
- Mobile/Tablets – Android, IOS
- Networking – LAN & WAN technologies including Firewalls, Routing, Bridging, VPN, IPsec, DNS
- Wireless – wireless technologies, point-to-point bridging, site surveys, high-density environments
- Printers – CUPS, Ethernet (wired & wireless) printers, USB printers
- Scanners – Bluetooth, USB
- Security - PCI, Web, Antivirus
- Virtualisation – VMware, XEN, Virtualbox, AWS
- Scripting – Bash
- Experience on Mikrotik, Fortinet, Cisco
- Automation – Ansible, Chef, Cloudworks
- CI – Jenkins
- Scripting - Ruby, PHP
If you’re a techie at heart and know a thing or two about solving problems, we’d love to catch up and have a coffee with you.
Apply now Refer a friend
We’re growing pretty quickly and we need our team of amazing developers to get, well, even more amazing. If you know Java / Clojure and PHP (or enough other languages that a new one will be walk in the park for you), if you like to work fast and hard and you appreciate a good work environment, you might be the person for this job.
Our development team needs to span everything from front-end website and mobile commerce, right through to warehouse management systems, running on Android devices, and all the messaging and server components in between. There is fairly unlimited scope to learn and grow across the whole development landscape in our rapidly expanding development environment.
Aside from the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of e-commerce, we can offer you great coffee, the odd free lunch and a hard-working and aspiring team of designers, developers, content creators, and other brilliant souls as teammates. If this sounds like the kind of environment you’d like to be in, give us a buzz.
Send us your CV and tell us why your unique experiences make you the perfect person for this role.Apply now Refer a friend
At Yuppiechef, we believe in putting our best foot forward every time. Our website is our first impression to the world and we delight in making jaws drop at our seamless and streamlined user experience.
We are looking for a talented and driven Web Developer to join our current Development team to help translate our creative ideas into inspiring online realities.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Planning and collaborating on building new website and administrative features within the Yuppiechef ecosystem
- Using a mix of PHP, MySQL, Clojure and jQuery to find innovative and robust solutions
- Applying a working knowledge of HTML and CSS in the development process
- Connecting the dots between operational needs and site development
- Managing the project process with a high degree of adaptability and self reliance
Who you are and relevant experience:
- Minimum of 2 year previous experience within a complex and dynamic web development environment
- A strong Computer Science/Engineering education, or evidence of a history of teaching yourself new skills
- You are able to stay calm under pressure and love to multitask
- You have a genuine passion for working in a collaborative and forward thinking space
- You are inspired by understanding the effect of your role on achievement of companies goals
Think you fit the bill? Apply now and we could be having a chat and some excellent coffee quite soon.Apply now Refer a friend
If you’re a talented and passionate developer with a hunger to learn new things and be involved in projects from conception to delivery, Yuppiechef may well be the perfect place for you.
We are one of South Africa's leading e-commerce companies, based in Westlake Business Park, with a team of 75 fun and high-capacity people. More importantly, we are building and developing some surprisingly interesting tech processes and have room for a select few to join our team. If your pulse quickens at the thought of cutting edge coding that truly impacts business, then we have something in common.
Our specialist development team works across a variety of projects, including work on our own warehouse management systems built on Android tablets and bluetooth scanners, powerful back-end servers running on Java and Clojure, front-end design and development using PHP and HTML5 and ultimately Rabbit messaging to glue it all together. Our online ecosystem is constantly evolving and we keep ourselves agile in order to adapt and grow with it. Exciting? We think so.
If this sounds good to you, apply to join us and tell us why you think Yuppiechef is the place to be. Bye for now.Apply now Refer a friend
Yuppiechef.com is an online store and we sell a wide range of the world’s best kitchen tools. We deliver orders anywhere in South Africa and when someone buys something we package it up really carefully and ship it with a handwritten card. Nice, hey? We don't have amazing robots working in our warehouse just yet though, and are on the lookout for good people to lend a hand over our busy season.
And that’s why we want you. If you have some time on your hands and would like to put it to good use getting excellent work experience, how about applying for a Yuppiechef internship?
Our warehouse is an exciting and colourful environment and you’d be joining a fun and vibrant team. They’d help to show you the ropes and before long you’ll be ready to handle incoming stock, accurately find and pick the right products from shelves and then pack these with the greatest of care into boxes to be dispatched. Alternatively, since every box that we ship has a handwritten card, you could also dazzle and amaze the world with some memorable card writing. The Yuppiechef culture is one of fun and excitement, and we’d love you to share that with our customers.
Who can apply?
You need to be sixteen years or older, ready to work hard and prepared to have fun. We need you to be computer literate and happy to do a fair amount of light physical work throughout the day. Regular coffee and cake breaks are our thing, so if you have a sweet tooth you’ll fit right in.
Oh, just in case this isn’t clear, we’ll be paying you for your work. Sound good? We think so.
You would need to be available from mid-November through to the end of December. You would also be required to come in for a week of training during October.Apply now Refer a friend
Ever wondered who is behind the magic of our hand-written cards sent out with each order? Truth is, we don’t have fairies or elves on the other side of the internet, just amazing people who love to dazzle our customers with their kind words.
We’re looking for someone who has the neatest handwriting in the class and isn’t afraid to spend their days congratulating and applauding our wonderful customers on their purchases. This is a great opportunity for anyone to get experience in the working world and see how a business operates in its entirety.
The Yuppiechef culture is fun and exciting and we’d love you to share that with the outside world. Apply now if being a part of this gets your fingers twitching!Apply now Refer a friend
As you know, we ship the world's best kitchen tools all over South Africa, Africa and the world. But contrary to popular belief we don't yet have amazing robots doing the picking and the packing, we need good people.
You will work in a warehouse environment and your responsibilities will include:
- Handling and checking in stock as it arrives
- Picking the right products accurately from shelves (some heavy, some light)
- Packing these products with great care into boxes before dispatching them
When our customers open their boxes, they need to know that they were packed with love and that will be your job.
Relevant experience that will work in your favour:
- If you have worked in a warehouse environment before, that would be a bonus but is not a total necessity
- We need you to be computer literate
- You need to be happy with the fact that you will be walking, picking and packing all day, so there is a fair amount of physical work involved
- You need to be the type of person that pays attention to detail, obsesses about accuracy and is able to focus for extended periods of time without making mistakes
Does that sound like you? Or maybe someone you know? Apply now.Apply now Refer a friend
Job application form
Tell us a bit about yourself, let us know which job from the ones listed above you're interested in and upload your CV where the form asks for 'attachments' so we can have a squizz.
If you'd like to get an alert when we're next recruiting, sign up to our jobs emailer here.