Jobs at Yuppiechef
We're hiring. Perhaps were looking for you? Click on the job titles below to view positions currently open. No prizes for knowing that we're looking for particularly special people - brilliant at what they do, always happy to pitch in and help, have a laugh and work hard (while not taking themselves too seriously).
If you (or someone you know) fit the bill we'd love to hear from you via the form below. If nothing sounds quite right, sign up to our Jobs Alert Mailer and follow us on LinkedIn to find out first about new openings.
P.S. If you recommend a friend who later joins our team, you'll get a little finders keepers treat from us so keep an ear to the ground and stay sassy.
We're looking for an exceptional and quirky human to join our Community and Social team and help make magic happen on this side of the internet. If you are excited by the day-to-day challenge of building a strong brand presence online through captivating content and mastering the art of engaging individuals through social media - perhaps we've found you?
The role in a nutshell:
- Monitor Yuppiechef’s social media communities between 8:30 - 5pm
- Respond swiftly to / refer comments and brand mentions on social media
- Contribute awesomeness to weekly social media conversation plan brainstorms
- Post planned content on Facebook, G+, Twitter and Pinterest
- Compile and send Yuppiechef's weekly internal newsletter
- Write occasional YC Diary blog posts to record our culture / build our brand
- Capture Yuppiechef culture and moments (i.e. Instagram and Vine)
- Learn to speak like Yuppiechef online (brand voice apprentice)
- Assist with copywriting (i.e. for banners, newsletters and promotions)
- Seize opportunities for customer delight and to create superfans
- Manage monthly competition entries and prize fulfilment
- Planning and implementation of larger Yuppiechef social campaigns
- Production of community engagement elements (cards, badges, etc.)
- Community team admin (i.e. dealing with suppliers, printing things)
- Research worldwide social media trends, technology, advances etc.
- Occasional after-hours social media monitoring
Relevant experience that will work in your favour:
- Minimum 2 years experience managing brand communities online
- Meticulous spelling and punctuation
- Never make grammar mistakes (or you will be fed to the lions)
- Strong and confident copywriting
- Thrive when multi-tasking
- Experience measuring ROI and reporting on monthly metrics / growth a plus
Sounds like you? Apply now.Apply now Refer a friend
As you know, we ship the world's best kitchen tools all over South Africa. But contrary to popular belief we don't yet have amazing robots doing the picking and the packing, we need good people.
You will work in a warehouse environment and your responsibilities will include:
- Handling and checking in stock as it arrives
- Picking the right products accurately from shelves (some heavy, some light)
- Packing these products with great care into boxes before dispatching them
When our customers open their boxes, they need to know that they were packed with love and that will be your job.
Relevant experience that will work in your favour:
- If you have worked in a warehouse environment before, that would be a bonus but is not a total necessity
- We need you to be computer literate
- You need to be happy with the fact that you will be walking, picking and packing all day, so there is a fair amount of physical work involved
- You need to be the type of person that pays attention to detail, obsesses about accuracy and is able to focus for extended periods of time without making mistakes
Does that sound like you? Or maybe someone you know? Apply now.Apply now Refer a friend
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, many-balls-juggling-type person with a good eye for detail and the desire to learn about the many facets that make up how Yuppiechef markets itself to new potential customers. The internship duration is 6 months, and will work with both Yuppiechef’s Cooking School as well as our digital and traditional marketing channels.
The role in a nutshell:
- Assist with campaign administration across various digital and traditional marketing channels
- Conduct research to support the team (customer feedback, market research, supplier research, costings, etc.)
- Assist with data collection to gauge effectiveness of campaigns
- Help out with the creation and editing of our Cooking School content
- Assume logistical responsibilities around the Cooking School studio and scheduled video tutorial shoots
- Marketing supplier administration (quotes, supplier liaison and management)
- Filtering and responding to media and marketing requests
- A tertiary-level qualification that translates well into the aforementioned responsibilities
- An organised disposition, capable of taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- A proactive approach to problem solving and adding value to tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent written communication skills
- Any experience in a similar role would be a bonus
Keen to be part of the team? Apply now.Apply now Refer a friend
At Yuppiechef we obsess about customer service so it needs to be in your blood if you're applying for this role. We are looking for someone to join our current team and to help ensure that each and every customer who deals with Yuppiechef has an exceptional experience.
Our current customer service team members, manage online support, handle telephone enquiries, manage returns and repairs, liaise with suppliers and our courier partners, and go to extra-ordinary lengths to help customers with their daily queries about products, orders, deliveries and our business in general. Most famously they hand write our personalised cards that are sent with each order.
If being a part of one of the best customer service teams in the world excites you and if semi-regular tea and cake sounds good, we’d like to hear from you. Apply for the job and tell us why you think you fit the bill. Bye for now.Apply now Refer a friend
Customer service is at the very core of what we do, and providing each customer with an exceptional experience is pivotal to our success and happiness. We’re looking for a special individual. Someone who can relate well to others, who would take charge of all our after sales matters. Effectively, this means you would be heading up the returns and repairs side of Yuppiechef.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Innovation and continued development of our returns and repairs system
- Continuous communication with various departments within Yuppiechef to ensure consistency. This would mean building relationships with the Warehouse, Buying and wider Customer Service teams in order to achieve goals
- Building and maintaining relationships with all our suppliers
- Adhering to and updating our policies and procedures pertaining to returns and repairs
- Meeting tight deadlines to ensure continued customer happiness
- Involvement in creating and maintaining after sales support agreements with suppliers
- Constant communication with customers throughout the entire process
Who you are and relevant experience:
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in a customer service orientated position
- Previous after sales experience and knowledge of relevant policies and procedures
- Strategic thinker and systems focused
- Proactive in terms of identifying areas of weakness in the current system and coming up with suitable solutions
- You possess empathetic qualities but are able to be assertive when required
- You have a genuine passion for the products we sell and have an interest in learning about new products as we expand our range
If you’re the right person to oversee this area in our Customer Service department, you’ll be responsible for growing and refining all returns and repairs procedures, all whilst being part of an awesome team.
Think you fit the bill? Apply now to be part of one of the best Customer Service teams in the world.Apply now Refer a friend
We’re looking for someone who is super organised, likes to be on top of things and manages logistics supremely well. If you fit the bill and have previous experience dealing with imports, apply to come and join us as our Import Liaison. Your function would be to deal with all import shipments and shipping relations swiftly and efficiently.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with our buyers to source new products
- Dealing with foreign suppliers and currency
- Coordinating logistics between suppliers and shipments
- Managing international orders
- Investigating and understanding packaging requirements and processes
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with suppliers
- Researching comparative pricing and relevant competition
Required skills and experience:
- Previous import experience is essential
- Previous experience in a related industry would be a bonus
- Attention to detail, accuracy and good numerical acumen
- Sound knowledge of MS Excel
- Costing and price negotiation ability
- Extremely organised and systematic
- Team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and multitask under trying conditions
If you’re ready to take over the world and think that this job was made for you, apply now - we’d love to hear from you.Apply now Refer a friend
We're looking for a junior digital marketer (approx. 1-2 years industry experience) with strong analytical and strategic skills who can add immediate value to our online marketing efforts. A passion for all things online is non-negotiable. Applicants should be open to team breakfasts, great food and healthy doses of joie de vivre.
The role in a nutshell:
- Contribute to Yuppiechef's online marketing strategies
- Assist marketing teams with rollout and implementation of various online marketing campaigns
- Online campaign management (PPC, Display & miscellaneous online campaigns)
- Analysis and reporting on web analytics
- Monthly analysis and reporting on campaign data
- Ongoing campaign optimisation
- Landing page optimisation and testing
- Familiar with Google Adwords, Adwords Editor, Google Analytics and Facebook Ads Manager
- Familiar with advertising server technologies, eg. Openx
- Experience in managing Adwords PPC campaigns
- Experience in managing Display campaigns using Google display network
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Proficient spreadsheet user
- Solid grounding in online marketing best practices (SEO, UTM tracking, User Experience, Web Analytics Metrics.)
- Technical understanding of popular web technologies like PHP, HTML, CSS a bonus.
Apply now Refer a friend
We’re growing pretty quickly and we need our team of amazing developers to get, well, even more amazing. If you know Java / Clojure and PHP (or enough other languages that a new one will be walk in the park for you), if you like to work fast and hard and you appreciate a good work environment, you might be the person for this job.
Our development team needs to span everything from front-end website and mobile commerce, right through to warehouse management systems, running on Android devices, and all the messaging and server components in between. There is fairly unlimited scope to learn and grow across the whole development landscape in our rapidly expanding development environment.
Aside from the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of e-commerce, we can offer you great coffee, the odd free lunch and a hard-working and aspiring team of designers, developers, content creators, and other brilliant souls as teammates. If this sounds like the kind of environment you’d like to be in, give us a buzz.
Send us your CV and tell us why your unique experiences make you the perfect person for this role.Apply now Refer a friend
At Yuppiechef we obsess about customer service, so it needs to be in your blood if you're applying for this role. We are looking for someone to join our current team and to help ensure that each and every customer who deals with Yuppiechef has an exceptional experience.
Our current customer service team members manage online support, handle telephone enquiries, manage returns and repairs, liaise with suppliers and our courier partners, and go to extraordinary lengths to help customers with their daily queries about products, orders, deliveries and our business in general. Most famously, they hand write our personalised cards that are sent with each order.
If you're a night owl and being a part of one of the best customer service teams in the world excites you, we’d like to hear from you. Your working hours would be 14:00 - 22:00 from Monday to Saturday.
Apply for the job and tell us why you think you fit the bill. Bye for now.Apply now Refer a friend
Yuppiechef is looking for an experienced front-end web designer to join our in-house web team and work alongside our product experts, marketers, fellow web designers and developers to create a beautiful, world-class user experience for our customers.
What you'll do:
- Conceptualise and create intelligently designed web pages for our ever-evolving online store
- Work with our existing web team to transform wireframes into fast, on-brand web pages that make a user’s day better
- Come up with elegant, best-practice solutions to tackle the challenge of creating consistent user experiences across a variety of devices
- Be comfortable with both HTML / CSS and interactive design work
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years experience in web and user interface design
- You have an amazing eye for design and a strong portfolio of past work to prove it
- You are creative, innovative, and armed with a thorough understanding of current web trends
- You have a positive outlook on life and are excited by the idea of being part of a great team
- Strong, well-formed opinions about what makes for a good user experience
- Experience implementing those opinions in user-facing work
- Expert level skill in hand-coded HTML and CSS
- Expert level skill in Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe Creative Suite in general
- A track record of building interesting and/or challenging side projects
- PHP knowledge
- Experience developing web sites for iOS and Android
Yuppiechef is on the hunt for a online campaign (graphic) designer to join our in-house, creative team and work alongside our product experts, marketers, fellow web designers and developers to create world class, visually stimulating design.
While we want someone who obsesses about creating beautiful content, you should also be passionate about business and must show a strong interest in understanding how customers respond to the material you create. Did last week's design get a better engagement than this week's? Why? How do we measure it and what can we tweak in this week's design to improve the way people respond while maintaining brand consistency?
What you'll do:
- Design beautiful email newsletters, landing pages, online banner ads, product pages - from concept to completion
- Create engaging material for our social channels, competitions and campaigns
- Produce marketing collateral, both print and digital, for internal communication, adverts and packaging
- Work with developers to translate designs into functional web visuals (light coding literacy will be a benefit)
- Take an interest in measuring the effectiveness of your various design pieces, tweaking them continuously over time to improve results
...and so much more
Who you are:
- Razor-sharp, creative, and eager to take initiative
- Detail-oriented to the point of neuroticism
- Committed to meeting deadlines and comfortable juggling numerous tasks on the same day
- Super-serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- Fascinated by the business impact of design
Experience and knowledge that will work in your favour:
- Experience creating graphics for web environments
- Minimum of 4-6 years design experience in a business environment
- Rockstar skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong background in typography, layout, and colour theory
- A relevant, active online portfolio (be it Dribbble, Forrst or your personal website)
...and though food or editorial experience is not required, it’s a big plus!
We stock a range of the best kitchen tools in the world and so a love of cooking or kitchen utensils would be a definite bonus. If this sounds like your dream job, apply with your portfolio and let us know why you think you'd be the best person to fill the role.Apply now Refer a friend
Job application form
Tell us a bit about yourself, let us know which job from the ones listed above you're interested in and upload your CV where the form asks for 'attachments' so we can have a squizz.
If you'd like to get an alert when we're next recruiting, sign up to our jobs emailer here.